Hey, rare beauties!
We all love affordable things right? I mean, if you live in Nigeria, I'm sure you are hunting down only the products you can afford with this current economy. My sister, you're not alone and today, my blogger friend Ijeoma of beautyfrenzyblog.com is sharing some affordable products you can "
In this post, I'm going to share some of my favorite affordable makeup and skincare products. Quite a few of these are made by Nigerian brands(can we just take a moment to appreciate Nigerian brands in the beauty industry? Organic or not, they're doing a great job!), and most of the others are available to purchase in Nigeria.
1. Simple Micellar Water: This does a really great job of removing makeup, and it doesn't leave the skin feeling dry or greasy.
Where to buy: Ulta, Superdrug, pretty much everything drugstore
2. Elf Ultimate Blending Brush: This is hands down the best foundation brush I own. It leaves a seamless streak-free application, and it works well with all types of foundations.
Where to buy; www.elfcosmetics.com
3. NYX HD Photogenic concealer: I like this as much as my Nars Radiant Creamy concealer and my Kat von D concealer. Yes, it's that amazing and you need it.
4.NYX Glitter Primer: Don't let the name fool you, this primer is equally great as a primer for regular shadows. It improves the color payoff and wear time of shadows.
Where to buy: www.nyxcosmetics.com
I'm not sure where NYX is sold in Nigeria, sorry.
5. Uberchicville Glitters: This is a Nigerian-owned brand, and they make some really gorgeous and affordable glitters, which can be used on eyes, and nails. They also make some really pretty mink lashes. They ship worldwide. You can use the code "bfrenzy" for money off.
Where to buy: www.uberchicville.com
6. Makeup Geek blush: If you're a brown girl and you're after a deeply pigmented blush, I highly recommend the MakeUp Geek ones. Makeup Geek is not strictly a budget brand, according to them, they try to offer high-end quality at fair prices, and I have to agree that their stuff is top notch. The blush compact costs $15, but the pans cost only $10, quite reasonably priced in my opinion. My top picks for deep skin are Chivalry and Desire
where to buy: www.makeupgeek.com (they ship to Nigeria)
7. Browlution by Yanga Beauty: Yanga Beauty is a Nigerian brand that makes quite few makeup items, but I want to focus on their brow pencil in this post. You've probably heard of the BrowLution pencil by now, but if not, it is a retractable brow pencil. There is only one shade, but it seems to work for everyone because it has neutral undertones. My favorite thing about this pencil is that it's hard to overdo.Sometimes with my other brow pencils, in an effort to get both brows to look even, I sometimes end up looking like Frieda Kahlo, but this pencil just gives a very natural look. Something about the non-greasy formula of the pencil makes it easy to do full, natural looking brows without looking overdone.
Where to buy: www.yangabeauty.com
8. Nova Makeup Towels: Nova is another Nigerian brand. The make makeup removing towels, not unlike the popular Makeup Eraser. But these are much more affordable. They take off makeup.so easily, all you need to do is add water and wipe, and voila, your makeup is gone. This has saved me a small fortune in makeup remover wipes and cotton rounds, and it can be reused for up to 1000 washes, plus you get 2 in a pack that costs 2,500. I think it's great value for money.
Where to buy: www.konga.com
9. ColourPop Ultra Satin lip: I don't care for their matte liquid lipsticks, but ColourPop's satin formula is amazing. Long-wearing, comfortable and intensely pigmented, I don't even mind that it is not transfer proof.
Where to buy: www.colourpop.com (they ship to Nigeria)
10. Real Techniques Miracle Mini sponges: this is so amazing for blending out under eye concealer, and unlike the original sponge, this one doesn't crumble after a couple of washes.
Where to buy: www.realtechniques.com
Want more beauty stuff? Head over to her blog at www.beautyfrenzyblog.com
to read in-depth reviews of these amazing products.
PS: Connect with her on social media!
- @beauty_frenzy where I'm always talking about my favorite TV shows and my latest beauty finds.
Instagram- @beautyfrenzyblog where I create makeup looks and post swatches of the latest makeup in my stash.
Labels: beauty, guest post